We are delighted with the overall progress to date. I know I’ve said this before but it’s not that easy finding the right SEO company, you really have no idea how it will turn out so we are thrilled we made the right choice.
DIYsplashbacks.co.uk offer coloured glass splashbacks that suit a variety of kitchen styles. The splashbacks are easy to customise and order online. The diysplashbacks.co.uk site was not ranking in organic search results on Google. The challenge was to optimise an image-based website and promote to page one with fierce competition with brand names like Wickes, diy.com, Ikea…. We needed to keep the look and feel of the website whilst optimising to rank page one. We knew that Google had algorithms in place to accommodate image based sites and could deliver a successful SEO campaign on Google…which we did in great style!
- Work done included:
- We researched the competition ranking on page one
- The strategy required to conquer organic ranking on Google for coloured glass and mirror splashbacks was a challenge we felt confident to take on.
- We analysed the link profile and identified poor quality links. We removed the poor links where we could and blocked the remaining poor-quality links using a Google disavow via Google Search Console.
- Key phrase web page allocation for target terms was approved by the client to ensure the user gained the best experience.
- Updated title tags and headers on targeted web pages so well optimised for the top search terms on Google.
- We worked with client on content optimisation for the targeted pages first. Working together with our clients on the content produces great results, getting the right balance acceptable without over optimising.
- Using opportunities within the sites content to implement an internal linking strategy allowing Google to identify which pages we give preference to and want to appear in the search results.
- Developed a blog to allow updates for the website complementing the website development process.
- Cleaned up 404 errors within the website once we had identified errors in the sites code.
- Amended the internal redirects we identified within the website audit.
- We create quality content for articles to use on authority sites that would provide good quality links and support the website in organic rankings on Google.
- Alongside the articles we provide directory, citation and curated link submissions to websites that through ‘test and trial’ over the years, we know help our clients rank page one.
Since the start of the SEO promotion we have successfully promoted the website to rank on page 1 Google for 100+ key phrases. We continue to improve and maintain prime positioning on page one and always add more key terms to the page one list each month. All our campaigns are monitored and have monthly reports to show the value of the SEO promotion.