It was an absolute pleasure to work with Craig. We had tested a few SEO companies in the past with not much impression When we started the training on keyword reasearch and content creation with Craig, we all remembered the small details and were thoroughly entertained at the same time. feedback from our team is only positive, your enthusiasm was refreshing (you should be on the BIG SCREEN 🙂 and thanks again for all the trips to London! – Curtis (Marketing Manager)
Craig trained the London based team of journalists at the FT.com building to create optimised website content for various investor opportunities that needed more exposure online. Training journalists that had a knack for writing quality content was an absolute pleasure. The methodology is basic but its following the initial key word selection that provides a solid foundation for optimised content.
- Work done included:
- identifying the high traffic driving key phrases
- research relative terms, faqs or topics prompted by Google
- allocating terms to the investment opportunity web pages
- optimising title tags allowing for top key phrase variations
- implemented an internal linking strategy with content and navigation
- regular training sesssions with various writers and journalists
- ongoing support to answer journalist queries
- advice on allowing Google to read the content better on targeted investor pages
After the first few training sessions the editors grasped the concept and a natural flow of optimised content was being produced effortlessly. When the various investor opportunity web pages we had optimised on the investorschronicle.co.uk website were cached, the site started to rank page one on Google almost immediately. The competition were not as focussed on the optimisation of the investor search queries at the time which helped us break through the organic search quickly. The organic traffic was directly responsible for a massive increase in conversions from targeted investment pages. We were proud to conquer the investors sector online for FT.com and are very proud to have worked with such a strong ally. The investorschronicle.co.uk site continues to dominate online.